06 Mar We Are Hiring – Estimator / Quantity Surveyor
VS Rail are recruiting for an up and coming estimator / quantity surveyor to join a growing company to support our commercial director. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is looking to develop their career. You will be working alongside extremely experienced professionals in a positive and stimulating environment. You will manage the civil and rail projects to achieve a profitable margin.
Based at our Head Office in Romsey, the position would suit a good Estimator or QS looking for their next challenge or a graduate seeking progression and responsibility.
- Managing projects from inception to completion
- Compiling estimates and quotations
- Assessing materials, labour and equipment required and analysing different quotes from sub-contractors and suppliers.
- Working from a bill of quantities or just a set of drawings from the client.
- Providing prices for everything from a one-off scheme to framework opportunities which will be completed over several years.
- Producing and authoring bid deliverables including methodologies.
- Flexibility around deadlines, methodical working, keeping good records, understanding client documents, seeking and taking advice, and challenging yourself and others.
- Working within a team environment, but also being able to use your own initiative.
- Conduct consultations and site visits
- Ad hoc tasks as required by the department.
- Preparing civil B of Qs under various methods of measurement
Required skills and experience:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- The ability to manage projects and meet tight deadlines.
- Enthusiastic, proactive team player.
- Strong problem solving ability and a keen attention to detail.
- Organisational and presentation skills are crucial.
- Excellent IT skills.
- Good commercial acumen
- Good negotiator
- Knowledge of conditions of contract including NEC
Employment type: Full-time
VS Rail has is a growing and highly successful contractor with an enviable client base and a diverse construction portfolio covering rail and highways. A progressive company, our reputation has been founded on the delivery of high quality work, value and service through a responsive and open partnership approach with our main contractor clients across the rail network.
We are a Construction and Support Service Sub Contractor of choice, continually delivering a high quality service in partnership with our customers, to meet and exceed the ambitions and challenges that arise throughout the life of all contracts.
We offer excellent career prospects within a professional and friendly environment. Our success lies in the quality and diversity of our people and our commitment to training and developing our staff. We value diversity and inclusion as an employer, which is why we invite applications from all individuals regardless of background or education.